Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
software expiration

2256 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-19 00:59:35

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    mohamedalpina
    2017-05-13 12:06:32
     My maxisys ms908p the software expired , i can t use the software when i try to open the diagnistics it just close after 3 sec , for mean while i will not update the software i just need to use the factory software when i bought the device ,

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    gavwilso

2017-05-13 16:44:04

my maxysys doing exactly the same i phoned tech support uk and was told what did i expect them to do as my updates expired in november 2016 and it's been doing this since feb this year 2 month exactly since updates expired was told i would have to purchase updates never had this problem with snapon now just got a very expensive paper weight i was going to update in november this year skip a year like i used to with snapon what good is a diagnostic machine if you can only use it whilst you paying for updates the software loaded should be good for at least a year complain to tech support the more that complain something might be done about it i'm still waiting not good after sales

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    HarleyEverHome

2017-05-19 00:59:35

Has anyone resolved this issue yet?  Just purchased a MS906BT for personal use, probably less than 15 vehicles a year (mostly older models).  The current version of vehicles would be all I need for many years and then I could update when I decided to.  I still have several weeks and I can return the system for a full refund (which is what I will do if I cannot scan vehicles past the 1 year mark).  In the first place who would update a unit for $1200 when you can buy a complete new unit for $100 more.  Even if I was able to use it after the software expiration for a few years I would still just buy a new unit.  

I realize that you would not have free tech support, but from what I have seen so far it doesn't really exist.  One of the Reasons I purchased it was the feature of 'community' where you could see what other tried and true fixes were for codes generated by the Autel.  From what I have seen so far is nothing more than a Google search on the internet that you can do without a $1200 subscription.

Any ideas, corrections, advice, etc would be appreciated.  If I don't see real concrete evidence soon this tool will be packaged up and returned.  Thanks
  Total1 Pages